3.05.2012

blast from the past

“Cuz’ you’re gonna miss this,
you’re gonna want this back,
you’re gonna wish these days
hadn’t gone by so fast.”

For your viewing pleasure (please hold the laughter and the applause), this is arguably the first picture ever taken of us as a couple...

“All I remember is that it was Christmas Eve, Averitt was stuck spending Christmas with my family because we had missed his flight [by the way, where is Westchester County Airport anyway?].

My Aunt Susan, in her overly-protective-loving-glory, had just vowed to dismember and dispose of his body in the sump in her back yard if he ever chose to hurt me. Her sister, Gail, insisted that we take a picture by the Christmas tree to remember the day. She is no longer with us, but every time I see this picture I am reminded of the lust and appreciation she had for all of life’s little wonders.

Despite Gails and my AS’s slightly rugged exterior, they seemed to like him. That was good enough for me.”

-Jenn-

“From that particular trip, I distinctively remember the feeling of calm happiness that I had not experienced in a long time. I was only there for a few days, but it was in those few days that I knew right there with Jenn is where I wanted to be. And of course, I told her that as well. And I dropped the ‘L’ bomb on her. :) But in my defense, it was true.

The night at Aunt Susan’s house was fun to me. Sure, they threatened me AFTER saying something like “You may be a big bad Marine, BUT. . . [enter quote mentioned above here]” From there, I had a feeling that the family was going to be fun and loving (although I’m sure AS wanted to come off more threatening than adoring). She tried, but rather than hindering my desire to be with Jenn and her family, it kinda made me want it more. And before all others, Momma Beck (Jenn’s mom) was the first to really like me and want me to stay I think.

I felt that with her is where I wanted to be and to this day, I still feel the exact same.”

~Averitt

“I’ll have it be known that to this day, AS still refers to my wonderful and loving husband as Jarhead.”

-Jenn-

No comments:

Post a Comment